1. Genuine Telecom places a high value on personal privacy and therefore, will not share or sell your personal account information collected online, with third parties, other than to Genuine Telecom, or to trusted vendors which include billing and payment processors and the like who perform these essential functions on behalf of Genuine Telecom. Information collected may include name, address, telephone number, personal computer specifications and billing information such as a credit card number if required for service. The information collected is used to provide a tailored service to you in order to better manage your account. This may include responding to your requests and communicating with you electronically. In addition, Genuine Telecom may collect information about you from our trusted vendors, such as updated delivery and address information, so that we can correct our records and deliver your purchases or communicate with you more efficiently.
2. Disclosure of personal information may, however, be necessary in very special circumstances, such as when Genuine Telecom in good faith believes that disclosure is required under the law or in order to protect our legal rights.
3. Genuine Telecom has no obligation to monitor the Service but may do so and may disclose information regarding Customers use of the Service and Customer information to satisfy laws, regulations or governmental requests; to operate the Service properly; and, to protect itself and its customers.
5. Genuine Telecom has gone to great lengths and made all commercially reasonable efforts to maintain the security of our servers in order to prevent the loss, misuse, and modification of the information we control. Even though these steps have been taken, we cannot guarantee that hackers will not obtain access to the information on these servers.
6. It is Genuine Telecom’s policy to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and all other applicable laws relating to children’s privacy.
7. If you do not want Genuine Telecom to use your personal information to contact you for marketing or solicitation purposes (excluding notices about new product rollouts, upgrades to service, billing-related issues or your existing account), you may make this request to:
430 W Union St. Suite 3
PO Box 409
Richland Center, WI 53581
Acceptable Use Policy
This section of your user agreement details some of the basic rules of participation in the Internet community and constitutes part of our terms of Service. By your use of the Service, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy. Genuine Telecom reserves the sole and unconditional right to refuse, suspend or terminate Service to anyone who violates these rules as determined by Genuine Telecom, in its sole discretion.
1. Illegal Use: You agree not to use the Service for, or in the pursuit of, illegal purposes. Genuine Telecom cooperates with local and federal authorities in investigations into illegal Internet use, and will take both criminal and civil legal action against users who are determined to be using the Service in an unlawful way. You agree not to directly or indirectly allow a third party to use the Service in an illegal or unsuitable manner.
2. Harassment: You agree not to use the Service for harassment, threats, verbal abuse, and persistent unwanted contact of any kind. Harassment covers any use of the Service to directly or indirectly contact any other user (including users of another Internet service) in an unwanted fashion. Harassment can be active, in forms such as unwanted email, chat messages, or verbal declarations on a public forum, or can be passive in the form of defamatory information posted on web sites.
3. Disruption/Hacking: You agree not to make any attempt to disrupt or attack the systems or Services provided by Genuine Telecom or any third party. This includes any deliberate attempt to interfere with another user’s ability to take advantage of services offered online. This also includes any effort to secure access to hardware and services without the consent of the provider of those services. Hackers will be subject to the full extent of criminal law, and Genuine Telecom reserves the right to seek damages or legal recourse against users who abuse, attack, or hack their systems, servers, or Services.
4. Fraud/False Advertising: You agree not to post or transmit fraudulent information on or through the Service. This can include false advertising, identity theft, or misrepresentation of any kind including phishing, forged email headers or fictitious email addresses.
5. Unsolicited Advertising/Spamming: You agree not to post or transmit any unsolicited material through any active medium such as email, chat, messaging, chain letters, advertisements, jokes, etc. Genuine Telecom does not tolerate unsolicited mass emailing (Spamming) of any kind, and the use of any of Genuine Telecom Services for this purpose is strictly prohibited. Content falling in this category is defined by the receiving user’s desire to be contacted in the specified manner, so use good judgment if you are sending to mailing lists. You further agree not to collect or harvest account information without the expressed consent of those from whom you collect the information.
6. Disruptive Content: You agree not to post or transmit any disruptive content. Certain kinds of content broadcast or displayed on the Internet can generate a great deal of disruption and reaction from the Internet community as a whole. This can include, but is not limited to, material that is considered obscene, offensive, or extremely controversial. While Genuine Telecom does not actively censor its users, the reaction this material can generate can be expensive and time consuming, and as such makes the continued support of users generating this kind of content of questionable business value to Genuine Telecom. You understand and agree that Genuine Telecom may suspend or terminate your Service should your usage result in significant complaint or constitute disruptive content, as determined by Genuine Telecom, in its sole discretion, from the Internet community at large.
7. Extended Connections and Multiple Logins: For Dialup services, you agree not to use the Service for extended periods of time or to login to an account more than one time simultaneously. You also agree not to use this Service in a standby or inactive mode. Use of programs intended to keep you online while your computer is unattended is prohibited. This Service is intended for personal, periodic, and active use of the World Wide Web, email, news groups, games and file transfers. You may stay connected so long as you are using the Service for this purpose. Genuine Telecom reserves the right to terminate the Service at any time if it determines you are using the Service for extended connections and multiple logins.
8. Use of Servers: You agree not to establish or operate a web server, email server, FTP server, file server or run any other server applications and/or software providing server-like functionality in connection with the Service. Interpretation will be at the sole discretion of Genuine Telecom.
9. Reselling or Reconfiguring the Service: You may not resell the Service or redistribute or reconfigure the Service to allow others to use the Service in an illegal, fraudulent or inappropriate manner. Interpretation will be at the sole discretion of Genuine Telecom.
10. Copyright Infringement: Genuine Telecom respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects you to do the same. Genuine Telecom will terminate the account of any user who unlawfully transmits copyrighted material without a license or privilege to do so. Genuine Telecom will terminate such account after receiving proper notification by the copyright holder to our Copyright Agent, and if we have a good faith belief, in our sole discretion, that infringement has occurred. Our ability to terminate your account is in addition to, and not instead of, any and all other remedies that we may have against you under the law.
If you believe your work has been copied in any way that constitutes infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information:
(a) An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
(b) A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
(c) Identification of where the material (including the URL if possible) that you claim is infringing is located;
(d) Your address, telephone number and email address;
(e) A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
(f) A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Our Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement is John Bartz, General Manager, and can be reached as follows.
By mail: PO Box 409, Richland Center, WI 53581
By phone: 608-647-2345
By email: email@example.com
11. Reporting Other Abuse: To report other abuse of this Acceptable Use Policy (other than copyright infringement), please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org